2008年8月3日 星期日

新恩英語教室 - 生活英語 004

Greetings and Introductions 寒喧與介紹

Frequently Asked Questions 常用問句

  • It's nice to meet you. 很高興認識你
  • Glad to meet you. 很高興認識你
  • I've heard a lot about you sir, now I finally have the chance to meet you in person. 先生,我久仰您的大名,現在我終於有機會認識你本人。
  • May I introduce myself? 我可以作自我介紹嗎?
  • I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Debby Lang, and I'm vice president of Tulip Trading. 我來介紹我自己,我名叫藍黛比,我是鬱金香貿易公司的副總裁。
  • Could I have your name please? 你可以告訴我你的名字嗎?
  • Would you please introduce yourself? 你可以作自我介紹嗎?
  • Could you give a brief introduction to your products? 你可以簡單介紹你的產品嗎?

Dialogues 1
  • A: Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Rita. 很高興認識妳,我是麗塔.
  • B: nice to meet you too, Rita. I think we've met before. I'm Don. 我也很高興認識妳,麗塔。我想我們曾經見過面,我是唐
  • A: Don, yes now I remember. Wow, long time no see! How have you been? 唐,是的,我想起來了。哇,好久不見了,你近來好嗎?
  • B: Very well thanks, and how about you? 很好啊,謝謝,那你呢?
  • A: Can't complain, I'm still alive!!! 還不錯啦,還過得去吧!
Dialogues 1
  • A: Welcome, please step into my office. My name is Justin Wang. 歡迎,請進我辦公室。我名叫王軍。
  • B: It's my pleasure to meet you, Wayne. I'm Debby Lang from IBM. 很榮幸認識你,王軍。我是 IBM 公司的藍黛比。
  • A: Our company has been watching IBM with interest for quite sometime, it's a pleasure to finally have a meeting between our two companies. 我們公司對於貴公司已經觀察很久了。很榮幸我們兩家公司終於可以聚在一起了。
  • B: We too feel this way. I'm most grateful for this meeting today. 我們也這樣覺得。我很感謝今天這次會見。

2008年7月21日 星期一

新恩英語教室 - 生活英語 003

外籍學生之間的對話 第一組

Do you speak English? 你會說英語嗎?
Yes, a little.
會講一點。
How long have you studied English? 你學英語多久了?
Nine months only. 只學了九個月。
Your pronunciation is excellent. 你的發音很好。
Thank you. But I'm always confused with "s" and "th". 謝謝你。可是我常把sth搞混。


外籍學生之間的對話 第二組

Can you write in English? 你能用英文寫文章嗎?
Yes, a little. But I have some difficulty in expressing myself. 我表達起來有點因難。
It needs time to get improvement. 這需要時間求進步
How can I improve my spoken English? 我該怎樣才能提高口語水平?
It needs time too. 這也需要時間。


外籍學生之間的對話 第三組

Your English is very good. 你的英語很好。
You speak English pretty well too. 你的英語也講的很好。
Are you a native speaker of English? 你的母語是英語嗎?
No, my native language is Chinese. 我的母語是漢語。
Mine is Spanish. 我的母語是西班牙文。
Is Daniel a British? He speaks English fluently with London accent..
丹尼是英國人嗎? 他講英語很流利且帶點倫敦口音。
Yes, He has a strong accent.
他口音很重。


兩位上班族在路口相遇,匆匆聊了幾句,準備趕車上班....

I am running late. 我要遲到了。
So do I. 我也一樣。
I've gotta get outta here. 我得離開這兒了。
I've gotta catch the bus.我要趕公共汽車了。
Where’re you going? 你去哪?
I’m going to Naser Square.
我去那瑟廣場。
So do I. Let’s take taxi together. 我也一樣。我們一塊兒搭計程車。

gotta=got to wanna=want to gonna=going to


乘客在路邊等出租車....

Yo__taxi! 嗨,出租車!
Where to ? (你)要去哪兒?
I want to go to Naser Square. 我要到地方去。
What do I owe you ? 我該付你多少錢? Let me out here. 讓我在這兒下車。

天糧英語教室 - 生活英語 002

李先生下班回家,太太瑪麗問候他的工作狀況

Hi, I'm home. 親愛的,我回家了。
How was business?
生意的情形怎麼樣?
It’s O.K. Was dinner ready yet?
還好啦。什麼時候吃晚飯?
Dinner is ready.
吃晚飯了。
Sandra, did you set the table?
桑德拉,你把餐桌擺好了沒有?
Yes, I did. Mom.
媽媽,我擺好了。


吃飯時,兒子Lou 邊吃邊忙著講學校發生的趣事

Don't talk with your mouth full. 嘴巴裡有東西時不要說話。
Have some more chicken, Sandra?
桑德拉,要不要再來點雞?
No, thanks. I’m full, mom. I'll do the dishes. Will you help me clean them up, Lou ?
不了,謝謝媽媽,我吃飽了。我來洗碗。 路,你可以幫我清理嗎?


星期五晚上,李先生與太太瑪麗睡前...

What's your day like tomorrow? 你明天有什麼事要做?
I’m thinking of visiting Mariam who’s my classmate in high school.
我想去拜訪我高中同學瑪莉安
It sounds good. 聽起來很不錯。Where's the floss? 牙線在哪裡?
At the shelf right before you.
就在你面前的架子上
I have done.
我好了。 Goodnight! Sleep tight! 晚安,好好的睡覺!
Time to turn in.
該睡覺了。


李先生想要買一雙鞋,太太陪他去買鞋,可是到了百貨公司裡的鞋店,那兒卻只賣女裝,結果李太太反倒買了衣服...

I need to shop for a pair of shoes. 我要去買一雙鞋子。
There’s a department store over the street.
對街有一家百貨店
Do you have man’s shoes? 你們賣男鞋嗎?
No, Sir. We only carry women's clothes.
不,先生。我們只賣女士服裝。 It's on sale today. 它今天在打折。
These shirts looked nice. I'll take it.
這些襯衫看起來不錯。我買了。

新恩英語教室 - 生活英語 001

dialogue Practical daily life terminology 日常生活用語

媽媽叫珍妮起床,珍妮想要賴床,媽媽建議她去沖個澡醒醒腦

Jenny sweety, Time to wake up! 珍妮甜心,該起床了!
No, I’m still sleepy. 不要,我還很想睡。
Go to take a shower to wake yourself up. 去沖個澡,你就會清醒了。
All right, I'm going to take a shower. 好吧,我就去沖個澡吧。

珍妮沖澡完畢,媽媽正在廚房準備早餐….

What do you want for breakfast? 你早餐要吃些什麼?
I'll have a sandwich for breakfast.
我早餐想吃三明治。
How about a glass of milk? 要不要來杯牛奶?
No, I’m full already.
不,我已經飽了。
Time to go to school 該上學了
Bye, I'm leaving. 再見,我要走了。



鮑伯和約翰是同事,中午休息時間,他們在公司的員工休息室小坐,看看報紙,聽聽廣播….

Hand me the sports section, will you? 把運動版遞給我,好嗎?
Here you are.
拿去吧.
Thank you, and will you hand me the arts section, please?
謝謝,那是否請你把藝術版遞給我?
Here it is.
拿去吧。


鮑伯和約翰同車去打球,途中鮑伯想聽聽音樂….

What channel is the music on? 哪個頻道有新聞報道?
FM 97.5 will be a good choice. FM97.5
會是個不錯的選擇
Does this station play good music?
這個電台播的音樂好聽嗎?
Yes, of course. Their music is the best in this country. 當然喽,他們的音樂選曲是全國首屈一指的。


有人來找總經理瓊斯先生,秘書南西替來人留言…..
秘書南西正在電腦前寫信,隔壁辦公室的傑克過來敲敲辦公室敞開的門

Who's there? 是誰呀?
It’s me, Jack.
是我,傑克。
Is Mr. Jones in? 瓊斯先生在裡面嗎?
No, he just went out for lunch with Mr. Dicken. May I take a message?
他剛剛跟狄肯先生去吃中餐。你有什麼留言要我記下來嗎?
Oh, yes. Just tell him to phone me after he come back to the office.
喔,好的,你只要告訴他,他回來以後打電話給我。